The first fall work weekend has been scheduled for the weekend of October 12 and 13, 2013, in conjunction with an Alumni Appreciation Event. This invitation is for everyone including all alumni, family, children, friends and board members of the Camp Chickagami family. Come for a day, two days, or even earlier in the week. Food and lodging will be provided in exchange for your time and labor in helping to shut down the Camp for the winter.
Some projects include:
- Collecting & storing waterfront equipment including removing the docks
- Putting up protective winter door panels on buildings
- Taking down signs & storing them for the winter
- General fall clean-up
- Wood working & patching
- Winterizing & covering outdoor fixtures
- Closing up & securing the buildings for the winter
- General maintenance needs including collecting & storing all fire extinguishers
In addition to helping close down the Camp for winter, an appreciation dinner will be held for all attendees.
Also, there will be plenty of time for fellowship and fun at Camp Chick. Adults and youth are welcome! In fact, the Fall Work Weekend might be a terrific service project for young people.
For More Information, please email Mike English: email@example.com
To Register, please contact: Nancy Case/ Registrar at (517) 285-8980 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org